We are offering computer classes for … Beyond the code 6th-12th grades. STEM classes focused on technology including digital forensics, cyber security, IoT, and Linux.
What an awesome video from Tim Hawkins. As funny as it may seem it is so true.
What is Home School? – A method of educating your children at home as a replacement for public or private school.
U.S. Department of Education Survey on Homeschooling
Why We Home School?
- Preschool training – Bible stories, self control, respect for authority, responsibility, manners.
- Insulate our kids – Have greater influence over who their peers are.
- Character Training – Sherry’s experience as a teacher in the best district in the State of SC
- Authority of Scripture: To be able to teach the Bible as infallible, authoritative, and the literal word of God.
- Ability to tailor teaching to the individual needs of each child (Phonics, more hands on, more field trips)
- Less time spent on academics equals more family time
- Teaching a special needs child without the labels (Heart Protection)
- Educating outside the box. (Telling time – State standards for his age only required him to tell time to the hour.)
- Ability to travel
The Home School Support podcast is your online homeschooling support group. Are you struggling to find the best curriculum or methods to teach your child? The Home School Support Network is here to help by providing curriculum and resource reviews, time management tips, as well as experiences with teaching methods.
Introductions: Hank and Sherry Osborne
Our Kids: (at the time of this recording)
Riley (9 in a few days)
Caden (7 in a few weeks) – Caden’s Page
Josiah (aka JJ is 4)
Levi 16 months
Our Web Site Address: homeschoolsupport.net
Why are we here?
What is this podcast and web site going to cover?
– Online support for home schooling parents
– Weekly home school support podcast
– Evaluating if home schooling is the right choice for your child (each child)
– Curriculum choices – How to decide and when to change.
– Book reviews
– Reviews of other resources (homeschool teaching aids, games, videos, and more)
– Schedule management – Schooling multiple children of different ages
– Home schooling special needs kids
Are you considering Home School?
– Start researching now
– Hang out with some HS families (invite them over for dinner or a Sat lunch)
– Ask a Homeschooling friend to take you to a local support group meeting
– Read other’s thoughts
Craig over at Daddy by Default posted a guest article by Jamie McMillin. She has homeschooled her three kids for the past 15 years, and is the author of Legendary Learning: The Famous Homeschoolers’ Guide to Self-Directed Excellence, to be published in October 2011. Here web site is www.jamiemcmillin.com
Favorite Site of the Week: Home School Legal Defense Association